Opener- “Young Boy” Clipse, Ft- Pharrell – 2002 (4:35)
- Sit in the circle
- Have out your notebook and pen
- Write down the date and “Free Write for the rest of the song”
Whip around 1- What’s one word or phrase that really stands out to you?
Whip 2- Explain why this word or phrase stood out- Could be an association, the phrasing, the connection, the truth, the lies, etc…
Mini-Lesson – What to Do TODAY???
Student Learning Target- I can effectively represent my skills and talents and articulate what I bring to the Lyons’ school community!
What are the verbs and nouns is this statement?
- Me-2-We Presentations
- Due on Friday, September 18
- Me to We – 2015
Let’s look together- think about making observations, and how to apply the thinking to yourself.
Class time- Work on Final Steps
- Think of a way to express your trait in a picture. You will need to prepare 5 poses:
- Separate pictures of you and your partner acting out your traits.
- One picture of you and your partner showing how your 2 traits connect.
- Work with your partner to write a short (less than 30 pages) story in which you use your traits to vanquish our school from evil.
- Stories have- Beginning, Middle, End
- Conflict- buildup, conflict, aftermath
- Your traits should be a part of the story!!
Closing Circle- How much did we get done today? What are your Next Steps for tomorrow?
Overview of the course-
- In this group will be looking closely at texts (books, short stories, songs, pictures, films, etc…).
- It’s a skill called “close reading” and if you can master that then high school and college will be a breeze.
- We meet:
Monday 5th 301 Tuesday 2nd library Wed 3rd library Thurs 3rd library Frid 3rd library
- You will need: Notebook, pens, a basic computer literacy.
- Grading- This will take the place of your Social Studies grade. I will cover topics that are similar to Mr. Marcos’s but through a different lens.
- If you can check this class website- http://www.lyonsela.wordpress.com – that would be very helpful to us.
- If you know how to log in to your Lyons Google Drive account that would be extremely helpful
- This class will be more project and skill based than your other classes.