Opening Song- “I Get Around” 2pac
Opening Journal- Continue In-Class Essay. Due by end of the period.
Mini-Lesson- Review Notebook Rubric?
- Notebook Rubric-
SLT/Grade 55 70 85 100 I can keep a thorough and organized notebook for Health Class My notebook is lacking dates, and work. Minimal effort is on display. My notebook has dates every assignment completed somewhat. My notebook is solid. I cover all of the bases. My notebook demonstrates thought and imagination.
Reminder- Leave your notebook cause I’m gonna grade them…
EACH FOCUS QUESTION SHOULD BE BETWEEN 1-2 PARAGRAPHS. YOUR PAPER SHOULD BE AT LEAST 7 PARAGRAPHS IN LENGTH.
- When beginning to learn about the topic of HIV and AIDS, what did you want to find out? What were some things that you learned? Define HIV and AIDS? Who is most at risk and why?
- What myths do “Some People Say” about the virus that aren’t true? Why are these false statements spread? What could be detrimental about these misconceptions?
- How does HIV affect our society as a whole? How does HIV affect your community? Use the statistics from the graphs/charts last week to add to your paper.
- Going back to the topic you wrote about and discussed last week (poverty, war, addiction, religion, peer pressure, or sexual violence), find one related article about the topic and use examples from that reading to back up your argument. Also, be sure to add comments from the class debate.
- How can myths and stereotypes be changed against people living with HIV? Add stories from the film, online journals, or any other connection you may have.
Citing an Internet Source: “Title of Article”, http://www.websiteofarticle.com. Date the article was published.
Additional Resource-VICE HBO – “Countdown To Zero”