Opening Song- “Mind Playing Tricks On Me” Geto Boys (1988, 5:08)
Opening Journal #41 – Define the term “relationship.” What are the benefits of being in a relationship?
- AND DON’T HAVE SEX
Share Discuss- Couple relationship, friend relationship, family relationship.
Class Work Part 1- Brainstorming Healthy and Unhealthy Relationships
- What are the characteristics of this type of a relationship (both healthy and unhealthy)?
- Create a list of traits that we’ll add to the board.
- Write down the list in your notebook once everyone has shared.
B) Independent Writing:
- How do you feel in a healthy relationship? How do you feel in an unhealthy relationship? (Explain)
- Why do some people stay in unhealthy relationships?
C) Class Activity: Building a relationship
We will be looking at the components of relationships and putting them in the right order.
Each person will have one card. Hold them so everyone can see them and line them up in order as quickly as possible.
D) Reflecting on the activity: Independent Writing/Discussion:
- Does everyone agree that this is the “right” order? If not, what should be changed?
- Will all relationships progress this way?
- Notice were love is placed int he progression. Can people fall in love at first sight? Does there need to be love before sexual activity (yes)?
- Have we built a “real” relationship or an “ideal” relationship? Do most teen relationships look like this?
- Is there a “point of no return” in this progression?
- How long does each step take?
- Are the birth control cards in the right place?
Work time- Use the computer to work on your worksheet
Home Work #24-
Tell a loved one about Endometriosis. Write down their response.