Opening Song- “I Know There’s Gonna Be (Good Times)” Jamie XX ft- Young Thug, Popcaan (2015, 3:34)
Opening Journal #43 – Think back to our list from yesterday. What’s something that you disagree with and why?
- AND DON’T HAVE UNHEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS
Share Discuss- Couple relationship, friend relationship, family relationship.
C) Independent Writing: JOURNALING
- How do you feel in a healthy relationship? How do you feel in an unhealthy relationship? (Explain)
- Why do some people stay in unhealthy relationships?
Group Activity- Put the following components (parts) of a healthy relationship in order.
|Mutual Sex Play||Intimacy (flowers, special treatment)||Talking on the pone||Talking about having children||Thinking about having children||Basic trust||Petting (touching below the neck)|
|Minor touching (holding hands or arm around)||Thinking about birth control and STI protection||Unconditional regard- accepting people’s faults||Making out (long kissing above the neck)||Intercourse||Dating||Steady dating (only one person)|
|Long-term commitment or marriage||love||Talking about birth control and STI protection.||Sharing goals||Simple kissing||Touching/long embraces||Texting/messaging|
|Basic Communication||Flirting||Pregnancy||Eye contact|
Put them in order 1-25 in your notebook or on the back.
Example for how to think- what comes first: dating or pregnancy?
D) Reflecting on the activity: Independent Writing/Discussion:
- Does everyone agree that this is the “right” order? If not, what should be changed?
- Will all relationships progress this way?
- Notice were love is placed int he progression. Can people fall in love at first sight? Does there need to be love before sexual activity (yes)?
- Have we built a “real” relationship or an “ideal” relationship? Do most teen relationships look like this?
- Is there a “point of no return” in this progression?
- How long does each step take?
- Are the birth control cards in the right place?
Work time- Use the computer to work on your worksheet
Home Work #24-
Tell a loved one about Endometriosis. Write down their response.