Opening Song- “Chasing Shadows” Santigold (2016 – 3:20) –
Opening- Take Out Your Lesson Plan and Grab A Laptop
- Brainstorm some Materials that you use in school.
- Create A Student Worksheet
- Create either a power point, a web page, a lecture script
For your final project in Senior Health, you will be creating a lesson plan about a topic relating to sexual health that you will teach to a middle school classroom.
In order to get full credit, you must:
- Choose a subject that specific middle school group of students may need to know but have not yet been exposed to, making sure that the content is appropriate.
- Find 2 articles that show a lack of understanding from middle school students about the subject you chose and why it is necessary to inform them.
- Create a lesson plan complete with materials for the class, a worksheet that you will give to the students, and an exit slip to check for student understanding.
- Teach a lesson that is AT LEAST 15 and NO MORE than 20 minutes long including student work time.
USE The link below to see some success stories from Youth Outreach.
Note- that it’s a little long, but you can probably find some information in these 16 pages to use in your Final Exam.