Intro- Lineup in order of your birthday. (1/1-12/31), SILENTLY, That’s the challenge.
(Do) Opening Task- Creating a Notebook or using your own.
(Do) First Notebook Assignment-
(Copy) Date: 9/8/16
(Copy and Do) Prompt- Was lining up as a class in order of birthdate, without talking a challenge? Why or why not? How can we make this easier in the future?
Independent Reading- Take 5 minutes and silently read the class letter. If you finish early, read it again.
SLT- I can identify and understand the norms and structures of ELA 8.
Review Class Letter
Note- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing
Class Work I
(Copy and Do) Prompt-
- What are some of my goals for the 2016-2017 school year? Can be in the classroom, personally, athletcially, culturally, etc…
Class Work II
Full Body Contract
After reading through the expectations of the class and our Learning Comes First initiative as a school, it’s time to start thinking about what that actually looks like. If we’re planning to be learning and challenging ourselves this year, what does our body physically need to be doing?
- Facilitator (Group Leader)
- Materials Keeper (Pen/Marker/Giant Paper/Piece Of Tape/Scissors)
- On your paper, trace someone from your group.
- Then as a group, have a discussion for each of the following body parts on the same general question- what does _____ look like when you’re putting Learning First and following our class norms?
- Summarize your discussion near the body part on your large paper.
- Hands and Arms
- Feet and Legs
- Your Body and Trunk
- Fill in the rest of your body. Does not need to be or look like the person that you traced.
Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing