Intro- Lineup in order of your SHOE SIZE. (1/1-12/31), SILENTLY, That’s the challenge.
(Copy) Date: 9/9/16
(Copy and Do) Prompt- When you’re working really hard to learn something, what are your eyes doing? What are your hands and feet doing? Body? Feet? Mouth? etc…
(STARTER EXAMPLE) When I’m working really hard to learn something, my eyes are…
Have your HW Out On YOUR DESK. I’m coming around.
Share- Go Around at Your Tables and share your responses.
SLT- I can embody the norms and structures of ELA 8.
Full Body Contract Review
After reading through the expectations of the class and our Learning Comes First initiative as a school, it’s time to start thinking about what that actually looks like. If we’re planning to be learning and challenging ourselves this year, what does our body physically need to be doing?
- Facilitator (Group Leader)
- Materials Keeper (Pen/Marker/Giant Paper/Piece Of Tape/Scissors)
- On your paper, trace someone from your group.
- Then as a group, have a discussion for each of the following body parts on the same general question- what does _____ look like when you’re putting Learning First and following our class norms?
- Summarize your discussion near the body part on your large paper.
- Hands and Arms
- Feet and Legs
- Your Body and Trunk
- Fill in the rest of your body. Does not need to be or look like the person that you traced.
Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing