Circle Around The Room- Think of something positive or happy that puts you in a good mood.
Take Seats- Same Groups – Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9
(Copy) Date: 9/15/16
(COPY)- Opening Prompt- Write 3-5 sentences about something positive or happy. Something that puts you in a good mood.
Timer- “Past Lives” Borns (2016, 4:23)
SLT- I can share out in class in a variety of different formats.
- You’re sharing what you wrote in your opening prompt.
- Cross Share (practice that)
- Side Share (practice that)
- Group Whip Around (practice that)
- Whole Class (practice that)
Reading- “The Landlady” by Roald Dahl pages 1-5
Questions- As We Listen
- Why might the landlady open the door so quickly? What could this foreshadow? (Cross Share)
- Billy Weaver notices some strange things about the house. What are they and what could they foreshadow? (Side Share)
- The tea tastes strange. What could this foreshadow? (Group whip- what could it be?)
- What’s taxidermy? (Whole Class)
- HW Reminder-
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing