Circle Around The Room- Think of something that you’d like to get better at.
Take Seats- Same Groups – Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9
(Copy) Date: 9/16/16
(COPY)- Opening Prompt- Write 3-5 sentences about something that you’d like to get better at.
Timer- “Vitamain C” Can (1972, 3:34)
- You’re sharing what you wrote in your opening prompt.
- Cross Share (practice that)
- Side Share (practice that)
- Group Whip Around (practice that)
- Whole Class (practice that)
SLT- I can navigate through difficult texts.
- Quick strategy- read along with the narration. If it differs from what’s on the page slightly, skim ahead to and synch it up.
Reading- “The Landlady” by Roald Dahl pages 1-5
Questions- As We Listen
- Why might the landlady open the door so quickly? What could this foreshadow? (Cross Share)
- Billy Weaver notices some strange things about the house. What are they and what could they foreshadow? (Side Share)
- The tea tastes strange. What could this foreshadow? (Group whip- what could it be?)
- What’s taxidermy? (Whole Class)
- Class Work Notebook
- Billy Weaver notices some strange things about the house. What are they and what did they foreshadow?
- SKIP 4 Lines. Answer the Question
- What’s Happening in “The Landlady?”
- SKIP 4 LINES. ANSWER THE QUESTION.
- Ask a Question, Make a Comment or Make a Connection.
- ANSWER THE QUESTION.
30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing