Circle Around The Room-
- Do you think your Notebook is Organized? Yes/No
- Favorite Season?
Take Seats- Same Groups – Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, TAKE OUT ELA HW
Timer- “Brown Eyed Girl” – (1967, 3:00)
(COPY)-And DO THIS- Prompt– Create a list of I Am statements that describe yourself.
example- I am strong, I am clumsy, I am interested, I am tired, I am restless
Share your partners
SLT- I can keep an organized Class Work and Homework Notebook.
This is how I grade-
|I can keep a thorough and organized notebook for ELA.||My notebook is lacking dates, and work. Minimal effort is on display.||My notebook has dates every assignment completed somewhat.||My notebook is solid. I cover all of the bases.||My notebook demonstrates thought and imagination.|
- Look at the Rubric Strip. Make it so that everyone’s Notebook Gets a 100 this week
- Look at the Notebooks at your table. Are they formatted correctly?
- Update your notebook entries, especially from 9/19 and 9/21 so that they are perfect for Friday’s Notebook Check.
- Continue to…
- Read/ReRead This I Believe Essays
- Highlight the Main Idea of each This I Believe Essay.
- Practice Identifying Context and Anecdote.
- Underline Context
- Put *’s next to Anecdotes
- Interpret the meaning of each essay in your Class Notebook.
- HW Reminder–
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing