Circle Around The Room-
- I Believe in…
Announcement- The Red Norm!!!!
Big Announcement- On Mondays we Rotate Seats. Same Groups, just moving once counter clockwise.
Same Groups – Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, TAKE OUT ELA HW
Timer- “Gwan” – The Suffers (2016, 3:52)
(COPY)-And DO THIS- Prompt– Create a list of I Believe statements that you believe.
Reminder- Aim for 47 entries on your list.
- I Believe in Waking Up Early
- I Believe in casually trying to win at everything, and fanatically trying to win at some things.
- I Believe in Walking as much as possible
- I Believe in staying cool and calm in most situations
- I Believe in being honest with myself.
Bonus- Start to think of Anecdotes that Support your I Believe Statements.
Share your partners
SLT- I can revise my Quiz to show understanding of context and interpretation in a This I Believe Essay.
Circle the Verbs. Underline the Nouns
- 88% of students were able to identify anecdotes in a This I Believe Essay.
- 96% of students were able to identify the Main Idea in a This I Believe Essay
- 63% of students were able to interpret the meaning of a This I Believe Essay.
- 50% of students were able to write 3-5 sentences in their interpretation.
- 25% of students were able to accurately identify the context in a This I Believe Essay.
Focusing On Context- Simplified definition-
Context- Anything in a This I Believe Essay that IS NOT the main idea, an anecdote, or a conclusion.
- So this means if you are underlining the Context in a This I Believe Essay, there should be A LOT of underlining.
- Let’s read the Middle Anecdote Together.
- Where is the context?
Homework Check In- Keep out your HW Notebook-
I can keep an organized Homework Notebook
Individual Work Options-
- Revise Your Quiz to improve your grade.
- Continue your List of I Believe Statements from your Do Now.
- Start drafting your own This I Believe Essay (we’ll formally start this process tomorrow)
- HW Reminder–
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing