Circle Around The Room-
Reminder- The Red Norm!!!!
Reminder- On Mondays we Rotate Seats. Same Groups, just moving once counter clockwise.
Same Groups – Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, TAKE OUT ELA HW
Timer- “Candy Rain” – Soul For Real (1995, 4:31)
DO THIS- Prompt– In your own words, what is a This I Believe Essay?
Have out your Homework Notebook
Reminder- Aim for 5 sentences.
- Basically, we’ve been studying these I Believe Essays for a week now. I think they are kind of like a personal essay like we learned in school already, but they’re a little different. You need a mix of the anecdote thingies and then context. I’m not totally sure what context is, but you need a lot of it in the essay because when we read them, basically we had to underline a bunch of context.
Bonus- Start to think of Anecdotes that Support your I Believe Statements.
Share your partners
SLT- I can interpret what a This I Believe Essay is and what is expected of me when I write one.
Circle the Verbs. Underline the Nouns
Grapple Text- This I Believe (front and back)
- Ether- Noun- The clouds, your imagination, your head, from the universe.
- Read both sides of the This I Believe Introduction.
- Put this text into your own words. (Write on the page.)
Read Aloud- This I Believe Invitation and Guidelines.
So what is expected of us?
1) Summarize the This I Believe Assignment in your own words (interpretation).
- What is a This I Believe Essay?
- What is expected of me when I write one?
2) Go Back through past “I Believe Statements” and “I am” Statements from Do Nows.
- Read through them and think about what you believe.
- Choose the 3 you’re most passionate about. Re-list with context about the belief.
3) Try drafting your own This I Believe Essay.
- HW Reminder–
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing