Timer- “I Put A Spell On You” – Scream’n Jay Hawkins (1955, 3:09)
DO THIS- What’s your favorite Scary/Spooky Movie, Story or TV Show? What do you like about it? What’s it about?
We’re going to do something a little different in here today. I’d like to be able to do different things.
Partner Share Out your Do Now
I can contribute to and participate in a tableau representing a text or subject.
Break Circle Verbs, Underline Nouns
Tableau’s have these components-
Narrator, Model Actors
Examples- As we watch, What are the parts of a tableau?
- Tableau as a story
- Model Actors move around. Narrator describes what’s happening and puts it into a story.
- Tableau as a physical representation
- Tableaus are still. Actors are frozen.
Today in class, we’re going to make a scary tableau with 2-3 scenes. You are going to make the tableau in your scary groups, about your scary monster.
Game- “Psycho Killer, Zombie, Vampire, Shark Monster, Werewolf, Ghost”
- No Touching each other.
- You cannot talk. You can make sounds if it makes sense.
- You have to act out the character you have, and find others like you.
- When you find your fellow monsters, claim a section of the classroom together.
- Timer- “Main Theme From Halloween” – Halloween Movie Soundtrack (2:58 – 1978)
- Create a 2-3 Scene Tableau that Features Your Monster.
- Can have a narrator and everyone else acts.
- Tableau shouldn’t be more than a minute.
- Characters to consider- your monster, victims, heroes
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing