Timer- “Psycho Killer” – The Talking Heads (2:58 – 1977)
DO THIS- Prompt- What is your favorite scary story character? What do you like about him/her/it?
SLT- I can analyze how a narrator’s actions and cadence impact the reader.
- Breakdown: Circle Verbs, Underline Nouns
ca·dencenoun1. a modulation or inflection of the voice. Changing your voice.
Breakdown: Circle Verbs, Underline Nouns
Let’s listen to the audio recording to start.
- How does the narrator’s reading affect the reader?
- Let’s practice reading it out loud.
Answer questions from “A Tell Tale Heart” in your class notebook.
- This can serve as this week’s quiz.
- If you finish early you can do your homework.
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing.