Timer- “Werewolf Bar Mitzvah” – Tracey Morgan (2:59 – 2011)
Prompt- “She went upstairs to check on her sleeping toddler. The window was open and the bed was empty.”
Finish The Story…
Example- I woke up to the ping of my phone. I had a new text message. I unlocked my phone and gasped with horror. There was a picture in my phone of me sleeping. I live alone. My heart started to raced and I scanned the room. All the windows and doors were shut.
Have out your Homework
Share out with your partner.
SLT- I can turn my pre-writing into a first draft..
Breakdown: Circle Verbs, Underline Nouns
Let’s watch the short film– “Mama”
As we watch-
Identify the Expository, Rising, Climax, Falling, And Resolution.
The Premise of Mama is that the kids Mama has come home, but she’s become some sort of monster.
The Climax is NOT THE CHASE, but when she catches the kids.
The Falling and Resolution are both missing, but this is for affect, to heighten the climax.
In both Alma and Mama- The creators start with the premise and the climax, and the figure out to get the characters through the plot arch.
Things I’ll be looking at For Monday-
- Monkey’s Paw Packet- done
- Notebook- prompts and notes
- Scary Handouts- done
- Scary Story Draft- started
- Continue working on your short story organizer.
- When this is complete- start working on your own scary story.
- When you have a draft in your notebook, grab a computer and get it into their.
- Google Drive, New Google Doc, Share the Doc with Boccheciamp
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing.