Timer- “Nightmare On My Street” – DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince (Will Smith) 4:58 – 1988)
Prompt- “In all of the time that I’ve lived alone in this house, I swear to God I’ve closed more doors than I’ve opened.”
Finish The Story…
Example- I woke up to the ping of my phone. I had a new text message. I unlocked my phone and gasped with horror. There was a picture in my phone of me sleeping. I live alone. My heart started to raced and I scanned the room. All the windows and doors were shut.
Have out your Homework
Share out with your partner.
SLT- I can analyze the author’s word choice in a Scary Story.
SLT- I can effectively use scary words in my scary story.
Breakdown: Circle Verbs, Underline Nouns
- Read Aloud!
- “A Ghost Story” by Mark Twain – We’ll Read It Through Once.
- As we read- Identify the Parts of the Story- Exposition, Rising, Climax, Falling, Resolution.
I can analyze the author’s word choice in a scary story.
Example- Let’s circle all of the scary words in first few pages of “A Ghost Story” by Mark Twain.
- List all of the scary words from A Ghost Story in your Notebook.
- Look at at your word choices in your scary story draft. Use 3 or more of the words from “A Ghost Story” in your Own Draft.
- Continue working on your short story organizer.
- When this is complete- start working on your own scary story.
- When you have a draft in your notebook, grab a computer and get it into their.
- Google Drive, New Google Doc,
- Share the Doc with Boccheciamp and Erica Hansen
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing.