Timer- “Don’t Stop Me Now” – Queen (1978, 3:29)
Prompt- Try to use the following word in a paragraph- abated, apportioned, prophetic, assailed, contended, corroborated.
Copy the following definitions-
- Abated- became less intense
Apportioned- to make small amounts
- Prophetic- predicting a future event-
- Assailed- attacked
- Contended- argued
- Corroborated- supported a statement
SLT- I can write an objective summary of life in the extreme environments portrayed in these two texts.
SLT- I can analyze how the central idea of survival is conveyed through supporting ideas and developed over the course of the text.
Directions- When you are finished copying turn to page 64 of your book and begin reading.
Grapple Text- “The Story of Keesh” by Jack London Pages 64-68
- Answer questions 1-24 in your notebook.
- If you finish early, you may work on your scary story.
- HW Reminder–
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing