Timer- “People Are Strange” – The Doors (5:06 – 1967)
5 Minutes to DO THIS-
Prompt- Write a short scary story about someone being chased by this person.
Have out your Homework
Share out with your partner.
SLT- I can identify how an author builds suspense in a scary story.
Breakdown: Circle Verbs, Underline Nouns
- Grapple Text- “The Smiling Man” By
Authors build suspense by delaying the horrible moments. It’s called “pace.” Watch one more time and notice how the author paces “The Smiling Man”
Announcement- I do not give the whole period just to type. You must be efficient when you are on the computer.
- Look at at your word choices in your scary story draft. Use 3 or more of the words from “A Ghost Story” and 3 words from “The Bees” in your Own Draft.
- Highlight the words you’re using in your story.
- Continue working on your short story organizer.
- When this is complete- start working on your own scary story.
- When you have a draft in your notebook, grab a computer and get it into their.
- Google Drive, New Google Doc,
- Share the Doc with Boccheciamp and Erica Hansen
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing.