Timer- “Mysterious Ways” U2 (1991, 4:07)
Analyze the following quote- “Stupid people are dangerous.” Katniss Everdeen
Interpret the quote into your own words.
Do you agree or disagree with this and why?
Share with your partner
- Partner shares partner
SLT- I can identify key elements of a dystopian society and evaluate an author’s purpose for creating one in fiction.
SLT- I can visualize and reread portions of difficult text.
SLT- I can use annotation strategies while reading a mysterious or difficult text.
- many of you are going to know what this is.
- we are not starting from the beginning.
- when you’re unsure exactly what’s happening, what can you do?
REVIEW LYONS WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU READ HANDOUT
- Focus on Writing on The Text #1 while we read
- Read Aloud- MYSTERY TEXT
- Read Together 172-175
- Independent Reading, 175-177 (Which Means, if I am no longer being fired at, there is at least one other tribute close at hand.
- List all of the vocabulary words that you circled in your notebook.
- Reread portions of pages 172-177. Sketch and Label what you are visualizing. Aim for 4 drawings.
- Write short notes in the margins (#3, #4, #5, #6)
- After reading Questions (#8, #9, #10)
- Continue reading the rest of the chapter on your own.
Make sure Mr. B has checked your homework.
- HW Reminder–
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing