Timer- “Iesha” Another Bad Creation (1991, 3:27)
Analyze the following quote- “Anyway, Gale and I agree that if we have to choose between dying of hunger and a bullet in the head, the bullet would be much quicker.”
- Katniss Everdeen – P. 17
Interpret the quote into your own words.
What does this quote reveal about Katniss?
Share with your partner
- Partner shares partner
SLT- I can identify key elements of a dystopian society and evaluate an author’s purpose for creating one in fiction.
SLT- I can visualize and reread portions of difficult text.
SLT- I can use annotation strategies while reading a mysterious or difficult text.
How to set up your notebook-
- QUESTION #
- CHAPTER #
- PAGE #
Hunger Games Reading Packet-
- Together Questions 1 and 3
- The Rest on your own
- CLASS WORK – ReRead Chapter #1 10 MINUTES- FINISH FOR HW IF NOT
- Answer Chapter 1 questions together in your group – in your notebook
- Summarize Chapter 1 on your own – in your notebook
- Chapter #2
- HW Reminder–
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing