Timer- “What About Your Friends” TLC (1992, 4:17)
- Prompt- Turn to Page 18 of the The Hunger Games- What are the rules of The Hunger Games?
Copy the quote.
What does this quote reveal about Panem’s Government?
Share with your partner
- Partner shares partner
SLT- I can identify key elements of a dystopian society and evaluate an author’s purpose for creating one in fiction.
SLT- I can visualize and reread portions of difficult text.
SLT- I can use annotation strategies while reading a mysterious or difficult text.
Yesterday we set up our Notebook
- QUESTION #
- CHAPTER #
Today- we talk about how to annotate when we have reading questions.
- Step 1- Read the questions first.
- Step 2- Have the questions in your mind when you read.
- Step 3- As you’re reading, when you see something that makes you think, either as answer to a question or as a just a general thought, put a post-it note in the book.
- Step 4- After you’re done reading the chapter, go back to your post it note see why you put a post it there.
Review Questions for Chapter II
- What is Katniss’ Connection To Peeta?
- What are the differences in volunteering between districts? Why?
- Why does seeing the dandelion after father’s death give Katniss hope?
- Explain the sacrifice that Katniss is making-
- Chapter #2
- Page 26, first indent.
Class Work- Switch to Alliance Groups.
- Answer Chapter II Questions in your notebook.
- Create Chapter I Character Chart in your notebook
- characters- Gale, Madge, Greasy Sae, Primrose, Katniss’s mom
- Chapter I Summary
- Chapter II Summary
- Chapter II Character Tracker-
- Effie Trinket, Peeta, Haymitch
Reading- Chapter III
- HW Reminder–
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing