Timer- “Africa” Toto (1982, 5:17)
Prompt- Turn to Page 62 of The Hunger Games- Why should Katniss be embarrassed? Why isn’t she?
Copy the quote.
Sketch Katniss and her team. Be tasteful.
Share with your partner
- Partner shares partner
SLT- I can identify key elements of a dystopian society and evaluate an author’s purpose for creating one in fiction.
SLT- I can visualize and reread portions of difficult text.
SLT- I can use annotation strategies while reading a mysterious or difficult text.
US Map- Where’s district 12? Where are the popular cities now vs. The Capitol in The Hunger Games?
What you should have so far-
- District tracker
- Chapter 1 Questions
- Chapter 2 Questions and Character Tracker.
- Chapter 3 Questions and Character Tracker
- Chapter 4 Summary
Today- Chapter 5 Questions
- How does Katniss describe the Capitol accent? In the “real world,” what do we think of people that talk like that?
- Why do newcomers like Cinna get assigned to District 12?
- Compare and contrast the Hunter/Gatherer lifestyle of Katniss in District 12 of Capitol life.
- Describe tradition District 12 costumes and how this year is different?
- Describe the interaction* between Peeta and Katniss.
- * what they talk about
- Chapter #4
- Page – 56
- Class Work-
- Answer Chapter V Questions
- Answer Chapter IV Questions
- Answer Chapter III Questions.
- Fill out Chapter III Character Tracker
- Answer Chapter II Questions in your notebook.
- Create Chapter I Character Chart in your notebook
- characters- Gale, Madge, Greasy Sae, Primrose, Katniss’s mom
- Chapter I Summary
- Chapter II Summary
- Chapter II Character Tracker-
- Effie Trinket, Peeta, Haymitch
Reading- Chapter III
- HW Reminder–
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing