Epic Songs Only Week
Timer- “The Message” Grandmaster Flash (1982, 6:00)
Prompt- Sketch and Label Katniss and Peeta in The Training Arena at the Hunger Games Opening Ceremony. P 94
Work on Chapter 5 and Chapter 6 Questions when you’re done.
SLT- I can identify key elements of a dystopian society and evaluate an author’s purpose for creating one in fiction.
SLT- I can visualize and reread portions of difficult text.
SLT- I can use annotation strategies while reading a mysterious or difficult text.
Katniss spends much of her training time learning to make traps and snares-
As we watch the video, sketch Katniss learning this. Why do you think these skills would be useful?
What you should have so far-
- District tracker
- Chapter 1 Questions
- Chapter 2 Questions and Character Tracker.
- Chapter 3 Questions and Character Tracker
- Chapter 4 Summary
- Chapter 5 Questions – Review Chapter 5 Questions
- Chapter 6 Questions – Finish Chapter 6 if applicable
Chapter 7 Questions
- Chapter #7
- Page – 86
Chapter VII Questions-
- Why would meeting the other tributes make Katniss queasy?
- What is Peeta’s assessment of Katniss’ skill with a bow? How does Katniss react?
- What advice does Haymitch share with Katniss and Peeta?
- What does Haymitch demand of the District 12 Tributes in public?
- Who are the Gamemakers? How did Katniss private session go?
- Class Work-
- Answer Chapter V Questions
- Answer Chapter IV Questions
- Answer Chapter III Questions.
- Fill out Chapter III Character Tracker
- Answer Chapter II Questions in your notebook.
- Create Chapter I Character Chart in your notebook
- characters- Gale, Madge, Greasy Sae, Primrose, Katniss’s mom
- Chapter I Summary
- Chapter II Summary
- Chapter II Character Tracker-
- Effie Trinket, Peeta, Haymitch
Reading- Chapter III
- HW Reminder–
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing