Nothing but love songs…
Timer- “Only You” Yazoo (1982, 3:23)
- Sketch and Label- Katniss getting her bow and arrow back and the circumstances surrounding this. P. 190-193 (2-3 scenes)
SLT- I can identify key traits of adapting in a dystopian setting.
SLT- I can visualize and reread portions of difficult text.
SLT- I can use annotation strategies while reading a mysterious or difficult text.
This Week we started to look at Katniss Adapting to her dystopian environment. Today and going forward we’re going to continue to track this. Let’s look at the scene from Chapter XIV. P. 190-191
- We’re continuing to highlight scenes like this in your notebook.
- Katniss adapting – plans backfiring
- Katniss surviving- the quest for water
- Katniss killing- cutting down the tracker jacker nest on the careers
- Chapter #15
- Page – 195
- How does Katniss adapt to her environment?
- 10- Class Work-
- Answer all questions up to Chapter XV Questions
- HW Reminder–
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing