Top Songs of 2016
Timer- “Same Drugs” Chance The Rapper (2016, 4:16)
SKIM read Rue and Katniss on Pages 200-204. Sketch and Label what they’re doing.
- (2-3 scenes)
SLT- I can identify key traits of adapting in a dystopian setting.
SLT- I can visualize and reread portions of difficult text.
SLT- I can use annotation strategies while reading a mysterious or difficult text.
- We’re continuing to highlight scenes like this in your notebook.
- Katniss adapting – plans backfiring
- Katniss surviving- the quest for water
- Katniss killing- cutting down the tracker jacker nest on the careers
- Chapter 16 P 208-214 – 6 Minutes
- Take notes on Katniss’s adaptations in The Hunger Games.
- Read Aloud- P. 214 “When I reach the tree…”
- Independent Reading
- Finish Chapter 17 On Your Own.
- Sketch and Label Rue’s final scene.
- Class Work-
- Chapter 16 and Chapter 17 Questions and Summaries
- HW Reminder–
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing