Top Songs of 2016
Timer- “Don’t Touch My Hair” Solange (2016, 4:26)
Sketch and Label Rue in the final scene of Chapter 17 (P. 231-232)
- (2-3 scenes)
SLT- I can identify key traits of adapting in a dystopian setting.
SLT- I can visualize and reread portions of difficult text.
SLT- I can use annotation strategies while reading a mysterious or difficult text.
- HG Movie (1:31-1:39)
- What are the big adaptations Katniss makes at the end of this scene?
- Framing- We’ve been tracking how Katniss’ physical and behavioral advantages and how she has been adapting the The Hunger Games.
- Now we’re going to start to see how Katniss bends and changes the world of The Hunger Games. How the games begin to adapt to her.
- For Example- she was so good at hiding and surviving on her own, that the game makers had to force her back to everyone else with the wall of fire.
- Usually District 12 is an afterthought but today Katniss made the people of Panem care.
- Independent Work
- Reading Chapter 18 P. 233
- As You Read- Stop and Jot/Sketch and Label were The Hunger Games world is starting to adapt to Katniss.
- Chapter 18 Questions when you’re done.
- HW Reminder–
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing