Timer- “A Day In The Life” The Beatles (1966, 5:32)
Prompt- List as many reasons as you can why your animal is best equipped to survive the next mass extinction. (goal = 20)
SLT- I can evaluate evidence to determine my best possible points for arguing.
Circle the verbs and underline the nouns
form an idea of the amount, number, or value of; assess
How to evaluate evidence.
Step 1- First you have to understand your claim- Of all the species on this planet, The Giraffe is the best equipped to survive the next global extinction.
Step 2- Then you gather your evidence-
Step 3- Rank your evidence-
- Giraffes are as fast as cheetahs
- Humans are killing off giraffes, but now they stopped
- Giraffes habitats are dying off thanks to Global Warming and Urbanization
- Giraffes are really cute and amazing animals and humans should make sure they’re protected.
- Giraffes will never fully die out because we can keep them in zoos.
Work time- working in your notebook, Science Folder and Discussion Collecting Sheet
Option I- Rank your Evidence from your FS BROS on the Sheet. Interpret and Analyze it for discussion.
Option II- Continue to collect Evidence for your discussion
Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing