Timer- “Nothings Gonna Stop Us” Starship (1987, 3:12)
Opener- Sit in your RT Groups and have out your RT Discussion Materials – A Person is Facilitator for all groups.
SLT- I CAN GATHER AND EVALUATE EVIDENCE TO DETERMINE MY BEST POSSIBLE POINTS FOR ARGUING.
SLT- I CAN COMMUNICATE IDEAS CLEARLY IN AN APPROPRIATE, SOPHISTICATED AND ORIGINAL WAY TO AN AUDIENCE.
SLT- I CAN ENGAGE IN AN ACADEMIC, BACK AND FORTH, DISCUSSION.
Handouts on your Desk-
- For the Adult
- For the students I and II
Introductions- Introduce yourself to the moderator. Fill out the Group Tracker.
Whole Group Consensus
- +5 Point Bonus For the Winning Animal
- -10 Point Penalty if no animal can be decided on.
- If you won, how did you win? What were some of your best points? How did you argue them?
- If this was tough- How could you have improved on your argument?
- What’s one thing that you could have done better?
Read Aloud- Cornell Listening Notes
Work time- working in your notebook, Science Folder and Discussion Collecting Sheet
Option I- Practice your roundtable discussion at your table
Option II- Rank your Evidence from your FS BROS on the Sheet. Interpret and Analyze it for discussion.
Option III- Continue to collect Evidence for your discussion
If you are still doing this, you are way behind.
Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing