Timer- “Sure Thing” -Miguel (2010, 4:53)
Prompt- Use the following words in a few sentences or a paragraph of your choosing- capitalists, revolution, abolished, regulations, comprises, allegiance.
- Turn to Page 310 of Text Book for Definitions.
SLT- I can analyze in detail how childhood wartime experiences had an impact on Beah’s or Ung’s life.
SLT- I can consider how the author introduces, illustrates, and elaborates upon the events.
Directions- When you are finished copying turn to page 311 of your book and begin reading.
5 minutes- Grapple Text- An Excerpt from from “Babes in Arms” by William Boyd from The New York Times Book Review.
- Read Page 311 on your own.
- Answer Question 2 in your notebook
Closer look at Question 2
Describe the setting of this story?
- What is the question asking?
- Where does the story take place? and what’s going on?
- Where am I looking for information and what am I looking for?
- The second paragraph.
- Words that indicate memory.
- How do I answer this question?
- The key words in paragraph 2 that indicate this text is a memoir is, or in our case.
- Read Pages 311-323
- Answer questions in your notebook.
- Blue and Green Questions.
- If you finish early, work on the other questions?.
-3, 7, 13 Done using ELMO
Exit Ticket- Summarize what the author’s life is like in the village. What can you infer about how her new life is different from her old life?
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing