- Timer- “Sure Thing” Miguel (2010, 4:23)
- (YOU HAVE THIS AMOUNT OF TIME FOR THE OPENER)
- Reread “Let America Be America Again” by Langston Hughes.
- Think about how the Poem should be read..
Share at your table
SLT- I can analyze how a text makes connections among and distinctions between individuals, ideas, or events (e.g., through comparisons, analogies, or categories).
SLT-I can determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in the text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the impact of specific word choices on meaning and tone, including words with multiple meanings or language that is particularly fresh, engaging, or beautiful.
SLT- I can actively participate in a readers theater performance with my classmates.
Dramatic Readings of “Let America Be America Again” By Langston Hughes.
- Read Along With this Poem.
- Take two notes on when the reader changes his voice for a reason
- Group Work-
Plan your reader’s theater piece for “Let America Be Great Again” by Langston Hughes
- Each group member must read at least 1 word.
- Decide who is going to say what, how they’re going to say it, and then practice reading it a few times.
- Present standing from your table, to the class.
Readers Theater Performance
Preform standing from your seats.
- Extra time? Finish your Let America Be America Again Packet for the week.
Home Work- Read for 30 Minutes/ Write 1 Page independently in your notebook.