Timer- “Evil Woman” -Electric Light Orchestra (1975, 4:03)
Prompt- List as many reasons as you can think of why people would want to come to America.
SLT- I can analyze in detail how childhood wartime experiences had an impact on Ung’s life.
SLT- I can consider how the author introduces, illustrates, and elaborates upon the events.
Directions- When you are finished copying turn to page 311 of your book and begin reading.
5 minutes- Grapple Text- An Excerpt from from “They Killed My Father” by Loung Ung
- Read Page 311 on your own.
- Answer Question 2 in your notebook
What are some of the reasons why people might want to move to The United States-
Copy them in your notebook.
Read Aloud from “First They Killed My Father” by Loung Ung
As we read text code possible reasons Loung Ung lives in the United States today.
- Read Pages 313-323
- Answer questions in your notebook.
- Purple and Green Questions.
- If you finish early, work on the other questions?.
-3, 7, 13 Done using ELMO
Exit Ticket- Summarize what the author’s life is like in the village. What can you infer about how her new life is different from her old life?
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing