Timer- “Fox On The Run” -Sweet (1974, 3:24)
What’s the oldest picture of a family member that you’ve seen?
SLT- I can conduct an informative interview with my family and peers.
SLT- I can analyze in detail how childhood wartime experiences had an impact on Ung’s life.
SLT- I can consider how the author introduces, illustrates, and elaborates upon the events.
SLT- I can visualize and reread portions of a difficult text
- finished early? Start thinking of YOUR answers to these questions.
10 Mini Lesson-
- Review Family Interview
- Write your name on the handout.
- DUE- Tuesday, 2/14/17
- 5 Minutes Independent/Partner Work- think of a few more questions to ask your family member.
- 5 Minutes Share Out – Take notes
- Finish- “Then They Killed My Father”
- Read Pages 313-323
- Sketch and Label what you’re visualizing for the Purple Questions. Even if you answered them.
- Answer questions in your notebook.
- Purple and Green, and Light Blue Questions.
- If you finish early, work on the other questions?.
#14 Done using ELMO
Quiz – Question #27– Summarize what the author’s life is like in the village. What can you infer about how her new life is different from her old life?
- Homework starts tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing