Timer- “Kiss” -Prince (1988, 3:24)
Prompt- Fix the grammatical mistakes
for me the american dream is the idea that my parents could come to this country with 100 dollars and a degree, work there way to become home owners, so that when I grow up I have one less stress, one less worry and i can start my life with less disadvantages than majority of minorities.
- Review together.
SLTs See 2/13
I can transcribe a conversation for my American Dream presentation.
I can capitalize my proper nouns.
SLT- I CAN ANALYZE HOW A TEXT MAKES CONNECTIONS AMONG AND DISTINCTIONS BETWEEN INDIVIDUALS, IDEAS, OR EVENTS (E.G., THROUGH COMPARISONS, ANALOGIES, OR CATEGORIES).
SLT- I can produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
10 Mini Lesson-
Reviewing our essential question- How is this an example of The American Dream?
Review- How to make a transcription-
- Write out the conversation. Fill in words to make them complete sentences if you need to.
- For Example Jhumpa Lahiri
Capitalizing Proper Nouns.
Reviewing what should be capitalized.
for me the american dream is the idea that my parents could come to this country with 100 dollars and a degree, work there way to become home owners, so that when I grow up I have one less stress, one less worry and i can start my life with less disadvantages than majority of minorities. this is a dream that in theory will allow my kids or their kids to have the opportunity to be greater.
For me the american Dream is for my parents to fight the racism and the hate. To move on and make my brother i go forward and have a good life making good decisions and my parents to not regret coming to the United states and make us show to everyone that every race can have something good in life even a great job. Just by being yourself ignoring what anyone say and do what we gotta do and graduate High School and College without a problem.
- Class Work I-
- Go back into your American Dream e-mail from Monday. Correct any capitalization and resend the e-mail to Mr. B and Ms. Erica.
- Class Work II-
- Use the American Dream Interview to make a transcription on a google doc.
- Share with firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- The question that we’re trying to either answer in the positive OR the negative.
- So we’re going to look through our interview and assess, how is this an example of the American Dream?
- Practice this first
- Set up a Cornell Notes Page in your notebook. We’ll listen to the following interview from Author Jhumpa Lahiri.
- As we read, take notes that help answer the question – How is this an example of The American Dream?
- Review Presentation Rubric
- This is how you’ll be assessed on Thursday/Friday
- Family interview needs to be done by tomorrow.
- Suspended- Homework tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing