Timer- “Stephanie Says” -The Velvet Underground (2001, 2:44)
Prompt- Which of FDR’s 4 Freedoms is most important to me? And why?
- Freedom from Want
- Freedom from Fear
- Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of Religion
SLTs See 2/13 & 2/15
I can transcribe a conversation for my American Dream presentation.
I can capitalize my proper nouns.
SLT- I CAN ANALYZE HOW A TEXT MAKES CONNECTIONS AMONG AND DISTINCTIONS BETWEEN INDIVIDUALS, IDEAS, OR EVENTS (E.G., THROUGH COMPARISONS, ANALOGIES, OR CATEGORIES).
SLT- I can produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
10 Mini Lesson-
- Family History on the board
- put your name on the red tab, be ready to go up and say where you’re from.
- Review Presentation Rubric together.
- Write your name on this.
- What was the 1st generation of my family to move to The US or Brooklyn?
- Why did they come (which of the 4 freedoms?)?
- Do I or my family represent the American Dream?
Take 5 minutes to write down your thoughts.
Reviewing our essential question- How is this an example of The American Dream?
- Class Work.
- Use the American Dream Interview to make a transcription on a google doc.
- Answer the prompt questions in your google doc.
- Share with email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family interview needs to be done by tomorrow.
- Suspended- Homework tonight. 30 Minutes of Reading, 2-3 Sentence Reaction/Summary, 1 Page of Independent Writing