Timer- “I Got The” – Labi Siffre (1975, 6:44)
- Re-Read Pages 2-7 in Of Mice And Men.
- Describe George and Lennie.
- Analyze the relationship between the main characters, George and Lennie.
Announcements- Makeup Personal History Presentations on Thursday and Friday.
SLT-I can ask questions as I read, especially in the beginning of a novel or story.
SLT- I can produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
Model what to look for when asking questions about characters-
- Turn to the bottom of page #2.
- Read together and notice things.
Some questions I have-
- Why does the author choose to make the characters very different sizes?
- “He smiled happily.” seems like a strange phrase to me. I wonder why?
- Why does George tell Lennie that “he’d drink out of a gutter if you was thirsty”?
- Read Aloud Chapter 1 of Of Mice And Men
- As we read, jot down in your notebook at least 1 question/page.
What is George’s Attitude towards Lennie in the early parts of chapter 1? Why does George Stay with Lennie?
What suggests the dream of the farm is unrealistic?
Short Answer Template- Reminder
- Homework continues.