90’s R & B Week.
Timer- “Real Love” – Mary J. Blidge (1992, 4:57)
- On page 14 of OMAM, Lennie shouts “An live off the fatta the lan’!”
- Interpret this quote.
- Does this quote represent The American Dream?
- Share your words with your partner.
State Test Letter Review
Grapple Text- Lyons State Test Letter
- Circle unfamiliar words.
- P- Positive Reasons to take the test.
- C- Negative reasons to take the test.
SLT-I can ask questions as I read, especially in the beginning of a novel or story.
SLT- I can consider my word choice while producing clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
Author’s Purpose in Of Mice and Men
- Page 15 “‘Course you dd…”
- Remember- great authors choose every word and scene that they put in their story very carefully.
- So readers need to ask themselves sometimes, why would the author choose this word/detail/scene…etc…
Read Aloud- Chapter II – P. 17-23
As we read- Jot down any questions that you’re having about the author’s decisions.
- Short Answer Question-
Who or What is the source of tension in this chapter that could foreshadow future conflicts?
Short Answer Template- Reminder
- Homework continues.