Blended Hip Hop Week
Timer- “Cha Cha” D.R.A.M (2015, 3:50)
Prompt- list any fears or concerns that you might be having on tomorrow’s state test.
- SLT-I can navigate longer passages of text.
- SLT- I can engage in an academic discussion with my peers.
- Mini Lesson
- Reviewing the Do Now-
- Lay off the electronics for 1 night. Try not to look at a screen past 1030. Early is better. You won’t die.
- Eat Dinner
- Tomorrow morning, lay off the soda and chips for breakfast.
- Get a buttered roll/Egg and Cheese on a roll and some OJ/Apple Juice.
- Get a granola bar or 2 – even if you think it makes you have to go to the bathroom
- Keep your empty bottle and fill it with water.
- Read the directions.
- Answer every question and don’t second guess yourself.
- Remember, every short answer question should include:
- Topic sentence.
- Interpretation and Analysis – what’s the quote saying, and how does it prove your point.
- Some might need a quote from both texts.
- This will pass.
Reviewing some stamina tips-
- Picture people you know or know of as the characters
- make little sketches as we read
- if you have a question, write it down and look to see if it gets answered.
- Continue Chapter 4 – Page 91-108
- Sketch and Label what you’re picturing.
- Picture people you know as characters
- If you have a question, write it down and look to see if it gets answered.
- Whip around protocol discussion
- Was George’s killing of Lennie a just thing to do?