Happy Birthday to Biggie Week
Timer- “Miss U” -Clean- Notorious B.I. G (1997, 4:16)
Prompt- Think of a possible symbol you would like to use in your Round Table Performance.
I can practice good test re-taking habits to create an optimal environment.
– WHAT DOES MAMA’S INSURANCE CHECK SYMBOLIZE? (PP. 67-69, 70-75)
Quote #1, Interpret, Analysis
“MAMA – Now don’t act silly… We ain’t never been no people to act silly ’bout no money-”
This quote shows mama’s resistance to accepting the money and changing her life. It shows that this check is a symbol she is scared of, and not necessarily so hopeful about. It’s a symbol of change, but Mama seems unsure of what type of change it is.
Quiz Re Take-
- Read 70-75 with your group.
- Together, find 1 quote that The Insurance Check represents to Mama.
- Interpret the significance of the quote
- Analyze what it symbolizes.
- Complete the Round Table Writing Whip Around.
- Extra time- Continue “A Raisin In The Sun.